Sunday, February 14, 2010

KE NAKO "It's Time"



116 days 04 hours 20 minutes 27 seconds until World Cup kicks off. There's a constant countdown in all the McDonald's and on the TV's bottomlines. There's already quite the buzz that's getting me excited for it to begin. I find World Cup commercials to be more inspiring than any other sports commercials. I get goosebumps half the time I see one.
So far i have tickets for two games--the first one being France vs. Uruguay on the first day of the Cup. It is the opening game in Cape Town's brand new 68,000-capacity stadium, which is surrounded by Table Mountain and the shore that looks out to Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela and other political prisoners were imprisoned during apartheid. The stadium is designed to be "unobtrusive from the land but quite striking from the sea."
Also, they're setting up a Fan Fest zone downtown where they'll show all the Cup games on a giant screen. It's free and will hold over 25,000 people. There's entertainment and beer, and is open from 10 am to midnight every day. I may be just as excited f0r this as i am for the games. It's probably where i'll spend the whole month of June (especially if i don't find a place to live).
Cam, could you download season 3 of Californication for me? i'll have my parents get it from you before they visit me. I'm hooked on the show, and credit Hank Moody for all my recent bad decisions. My new computer doesn't work, so that's an additional cause of my Internet inaction. Peace be with you.

1 comment:

  1. 114 days until the soccer world cup kicks off and 144 days until Germany is the soccer world champion!!

    ReplyDelete